Backend Developer (Java) m/f - High Availability Core Technology
Do you want to work on the core technology of a rapidly growing business?
Are you interested in algorithms and passionate improving existing code to increase efficiency and performance?
Touching code of services which are essential for the whole business and handling up to 15.000 operations per second sounds attractive to you?
If you can answer these three question we would be happy to get to know you!
- Architect and develop new allocation algorithms to improve matching between passengers and drivers
- Actively monitor health and performance data of services, and alert for incidents.
- Improve existing algorithms based on performance data provided by our Business Analytics Team
- Build monitoring system and improve the metrics.
- Take Part in Code Reviews and Pull Requests
- Own the Feature, Own the Code – feel responsible for what you create. This starts with bringing in your own feature ideas, goes over development, and ends in testing and deploying your code
- Work together with our teams in Barcelona and Berlin
- Be accountable for all topics above, but work together with the team on them
- Stay on top of the latest technology trends, apply the best practices to our daily work.
- Java / Kotlin
- Microservice architecture
- Team player
- Fluent English
- Bamboo / Jenkins
- Swagger / OpenAPI Specification (OAS)
- Kibana / Grafana
- ELK stack
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 10 million passengers and 100,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been part of Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced a merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step in becoming the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. Mytaxi works with more than 500 employees in 26 European offices and is available in more than 100 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers, gym for free, a chill-out room with a massage chair, a foosball table and many more
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!