Network Admin (m/f)
mytaxi is looking for a knowledgable Network Administrator for our offices in Hamburg.
mytaxi is a fast growing company. We have offices all around Europe. Your job will be to design and implement a next generation internal network structure that is suitable to support further growth.
You will work in a highly motivated team where you can bring in your own ideas and define where the internal infrastructure of the company is heading.
Your role will include:
- Designing and implementing a future-proof structure for our internal network which spans more than 10 countries and 20+ offices
- configuring fortigate firewalls as well as unifi switches and wireless access points
- monitoring the network connectivity and performance
- working with local service providers to ensure good connections
- working on support tickets concerning the internal network
- creating a comprehensive network documentation
These should be your qualifications:
- CCNA, CCNP, equivalent certifications or work experience in network administration
- proficiency in OSPF, BGP, VPN tunnels
- A desire to keep our services running 24/7 without problems
- You are dedicated to IPv6 and want to lead the transitioning process
- You have a passion for keeping things simple in complex environments
- You work well in a team that spans multiple countries and know how to keep your colleagues updated by writing documentation
- Fluent proficiency in English
- willingness to travel around Europe
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, equivalent training or work experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and VPCs in particular
Who we are:
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 10 million passengers and 100,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been part of Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced a merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step in becoming the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. Mytaxi works with more than 500 employees in 26 European offices and is available in more than 150 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers, gym for free, a chill-out room with a massage chair, a foosball table and many more
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!