Quality Engineering Lead (m/f) Barcelona
What’s the difference between an average QA team and a highly effective one?
Test automation, engineering focused, that’s what.
Although every software development team dreams in a fully automated test environment, test automation is not easy to implement.
And guess what? We don’t want average quality at mytaxi.
For this reason, we are currently looking for an outstanding Quality Engineering Lead to build and manage a team of high performing SDET / QA engineers and provide technical mentorship for the implementation of test automation.
Your main focus will be to lead the testing process and activities at the same time that you (together with the team) will create and maintain an extensible test automation framework for our products on mobile and backend platforms.
Since you will be the representative of the Barcelona Hub in terms of Quality Assurance, we expect you to define the quality metrics and drive these with the engineering teams while you look after creating a quality software development process.
We are not going to lie though, you will get your hands dirty as we expect you to write code!
Sounds interesting? Then this is what you need:
- A degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Proven track record of success as a team lead (at least 3 years).
- Understanding of various testing approaches and practices in order to design the overall testing methodology.
- Strong hands-on experience in setting up and running automation test on at least two different platforms (mobile / backend / frontend).
- OO programming
- continuous integration and release management
- code coverage tools to guide test design
- statistical analysis tools to eliminate code smells
- testing methodologies, the SDLC and Agile methodologies
Fluent English skills.
Bonus points if you:
Have experience with Atlassian products (Bamboo, Bitbucket, Confluence, Jira).
Are familiar with tools such as:
- MockMvc / RestAssured
- Grafana / Kibana
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 10 million passengers and 100,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been part of Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced a merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step in becoming the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. Mytaxi works with more than 500 employees in 26 European offices and is available in more than 100 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- Intensive Fridays
- Gym membership
- Quarterly team-building activities (karting, bowling, laser tag, escape rooms, barbecues/calçotades…)
- Yearly off-site hacking weeks
- Hacking days and occasional trips to our HQ in Hamburg
- Weekly free buffet breakfasts in the office
- Health insurance with basic dental coverage
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off
- A monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides
- The opportunity to use the latest technologies and implement your own ideas
- Flexible learning and development opportunities through internal and external workshops, events and conferences
- Free language lessons
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like free fruit, unlimited drinks, after-work beers and many more!
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!