Data Engineer (m/f)
Mytaxi is building up a Data team that is solving key problems relating to urban transportation. Therefore, we are keen on hiring a Data Engineer to expand, improve and optimize our data pipeline architecture and data infrastructure with focus on the low-latency data processing as well as reliable data delivery.
The team will focus on the making the data available to tackle core challenges in mobility markets including machine learning, demand prediction, surge pricing and other predictive analysis.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Ensure stable and consistent data delivery for business critical data-driven application features
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries and AWS regions.
- You will work closely with stakeholders across Europe from Product, Tech, BI and Data Science Teams
You are a problem solver, detail-oriented and self-motivated who thrives in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment, combining technical, product, business and leadership perspectives. Further key aspects of your profile are:
- Your are a team player
- You have programming experience in either Scala, Python or Java
- You know Spark, Streaming Libraries (Spark Streaming, Kafka Streams, etc.), Hadoop Ecosystem (Hive, HDFS, YARN, etc.)
- You have prior experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases and as a result know which storage type to use for a particular use-cases, how to create a good data model and write efficient SQL for future extractions
- Hands-on experience with AWS would be a great plus
- You previously worked with mature CI/CD pipeline and made several production deployments during the day
- Fluent Proficiency in Business English
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 10 million passengers and 100,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been part of Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced a merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step in becoming the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. Mytaxi works with more than 500 employees in 26 European offices and is available in more than 150 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!