Backend DevOps Engineer (m/f)
As a Java Backend Engineer (DevOps) (m/f), you work in our core technology team with a focus on the scalability and overall architecture of a rapidly growing microservice ecosystem.
- Strong Java Skills and expertise in Software Design
- Several years of software development experience
- Experience or strong interest in building distributed systems with scalability and reliability in mind
- Passion for learning and understanding (new) technology
- Strong problem-solving skills and technical curiosity
- Fluent English and collaborative team player
Optional experience with, or knowledge of
- Agile methodology
- RESTful Architecture
- AWS, Docker, ELK stack
- Kibana, Grafana and APM Tools
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
- CI/CD solutions
- Driving development of our microservice architecture
- Researching and assessing new technologies
- Performance analysis and optimization of our services
- Building monitoring and alerting systems to generate insights into the system
- Working on a large scalable system with the direct impact of your work
- Taking care of stability, reliability, and scalability related tasks
Experience in an international company or team away from your home country is a plus.
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 10 million passengers and 100,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been part of Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced a merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step in becoming the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. Mytaxi works with more than 500 employees in 26 European offices and is available in more than 150 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers, gym for free, a chill-out room with a massage chair, a foosball table and many more
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!