Head of IT (m/f)
As of now, we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Head of IT (m/f) for Hamburg.
mytaxi has ~600 employees which are spread over 26 Offices throughout Europe. They all are using state of the art hardware and software which is being maintained and managed by our IT Team. The responsibilities start with the foundation of the hardware and software for our employees all the way to operating our company updates live video stream into all locations.
The responsibility of the Head of IT will be to build up and lead multiple teams (~30 people) covering the following topics:
- Communication - Slack, G Suite, Phones, Zoom Rooms, Video Streaming
- Software/Services - MDM, Okta, Bettercloud, Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence)
- User Devices - macOS and Windows management
- Network - Hard- and Software for OSI Layer 1 - 3 in all offices
- Helpdesk - 1st and 2nd level support for all IT problems
What are your responsibilities:
- Build a strong Team by recruiting the right people as well as upskilling the existing people
- Enable all Employees to deliver the best possible results by providing and maintaining the necessary IT tools and assets
- Create a polished work experience for all our employees
- Define and implement a high-security standard with our security department
- Ensure a service-oriented Helpdesk for all internal IT inquiries
- Build and maintain a smooth Network Infrastructure for all offices
- Budget planning and execution
- Select and coordinate external contractors
- You work independently and are responsible for the continuous functional and personal development of the team members (e.g. through regular feedback talks) as well as the expansion of your teams
- You are responsible for the selection and recruitment of new employees together with the IT recruitment
These are your qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science or similar background
- Experience in disciplinary and technical leadership of employees
- It is in your nature to identify challenges directly
- You are an empathic communicator and motivator
- Knowledge in mentoring and training of employees
- Experience in selecting new employees (conception of tests, conducting a job interview, etc.)
- In several years of IT experience, you had the chance to build a broad overview of what’s possible and are capable of triggering new thought processes of your specialists
- Fluent proficiency in English, German desirable
You are a perfect fit if your team is the center of your attention. Through your previous experience, empathy and instinct you constantly develop your team further. You are a sympathetic listener and are willing to help your teams to self-organize. Your self-concept is that of a "servant leader”, you lead farsighted and always strike the right chord. We are looking for a motivated leader who technically has his finger on the pulse of current affairs.
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 10 million passengers and 100,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been part of Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced a merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step in becoming the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. mytaxi works with more than 600 employees in 26 European offices and is available in more than 100 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!