Software Development Engineer in Test (backend)
As of now, we’re looking for a passionate Software Development Engineer in Test (Backend) for our backend services development in Barcelona.
* Architect and build the test infrastructure.
* Set up and maintain test environments.
* Test and validate REST services.
* Test services separately and also check the integration with others as a whole.
* Create test plan to conduct and coordinate testing activities.
* Build monitoring system and improve the metrics.
* Actively monitor health and performance data of services, and alert for incidents.
* Oversee release of features to our production systems, collaborate with other platform/service teams.
* Evaluate and respond to issues post-release.
* Evangelize the code/product quality to the team, set a goal and push the improvement constantly.
* Responsible for 2nd level technical support as a team effort, be the key player for the bug process.
* Be accountable for all topics above, but work with the team together on them.
* Stay on top of the latest technology trends, apply the best practices to our daily work.
* Java / Kotlin
* Mock MVC / REST Assured / RestFuse
* Team player
* Fluent English
* Bamboo / Jenkins
* Swagger / OpenAPI Specification (OAS)
* Gatling / JMeter / LoadRunner
* Kibana / Grafana
* ELK stack
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 10 million passengers and 100,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been part of Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced a merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step in becoming the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. Mytaxi works with more than 500 employees in 26 European offices and is available in more than 100 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- Intensive Fridays
- Gym membership
- Quarterly team-building activities (karting, bowling, laser tag, escape rooms, barbecues/calçotades…)
- Yearly off-site hacking weeks
- Hacking days and occasional trips to our HQ in Hamburg
- Weekly free buffet breakfasts in the office
- Health insurance with basic dental coverage
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off
- A monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides
- The opportunity to use the latest technologies and implement your own ideas
- Flexible learning and development opportunities through internal and external workshops, events and conferences
- Free language lessons
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like free fruit, unlimited drinks, after-work beers and many more!
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!