Data Scientist (m/f)
In the mytaxi data science team we are solving key problems related to urban transportation. We are keen on hiring a Data Scientist (m/f) for implementing and maintaining the models and data infrastructure with focus on deploying machine learning-based data products that are integrated into customer facing apps.
The team focuses on the data behind core challenges in mobility markets including machine learning, demand prediction, surge pricing and other predictive analysis required for the upcoming challenges.
- You will identify, understand, structure and solve complex problems in the prediction of demand and supply in the fast-moving world of urban mobility
- Design and develop high-performance, data-driven systems in a distributed infrastructure to help move drivers and passengers through cities more efficiently
- Communicate effectively with business end-users to identify pain points, use cases and problem definitions
- Present your work to both internal and external stakeholders as well as at meetups and conferences
- You will work with large, interesting data sets including historical, real time and third party data streams
- You will work closely with stakeholders across Europe from Product, Tech, BI and Data Engineering Teams
You are a problem solver, detail-oriented and self-motivated who thrives in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment, combining technical, product, business and leadership perspectives. Further key aspects of your profile are:
- At least 2 years experience in working with complex data models
- Your are an effective communicator, a team player and avid learner
- You hold experience in machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis and predictive modelling
- Advanced University degree in Maths, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline is a plus
- Proficient in Python, other programming languages are a plus
- Experience with SQL, Shell scripting
- Experience with most of the aspects of ML pipelines: data ingestion, data collection, feature engineering, modeling, predicting, explaining, diagnosing
- Fluent Proficiency in Business English
- Your passion about implementing advanced analytics and the will to play an essential role in the future of urban transport, make you a perfect fit
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 10 million passengers and 100,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been part of Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced a merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step in becoming the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. Mytaxi works with more than 500 employees in 26 European offices and is available in more than 150 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers, gym for free, a chill-out room with a massage chair, a foosball table and many more
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!