Engineering Lead (m/f)
As of now, we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Engineering Lead (m/f) for Berlin.
What are your responsibilities:
- You will build up and lead our new development team of at least 15 people in Berlin from scratch!
- You are responsible to establish our tech-hub and the collaboration with our data science department in Berlin
- As part of your responsibility, you will act as an important communication interface between your team and many stakeholders in our headquarter in Hamburg
- Create a network within the local developer scene to position mytaxi as the first choice for developers in Berlin
- Proactive expansion of our work processes
- Willingness to travel regularly to our headquarter in Hamburg
- You will lead your Lead Developer and Scrum Master as well as their iOS-, Android and backend developer
- You work independent and are responsible for the continuous functional and personal development of the team members (e.g. through regular feedback talks) as well as the expansion of your teams
- You are responsible for the selection and recruitment of new employees together with the IT recruitment
- Representing mytaxi as a great innovative company in the local tech community (e.g. University cooperations, Meetups, etc.)
These are your qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science or similar background
- Experience in disciplinary and technical leadership of employees
- It is in your nature to identify challenges directly
- You are an empathic communicator and motivator
- Knowledge in mentoring and training of employees
- Experience in selecting new employees (conception of tests, conducting a job interview, etc.)
- In several years of agile software development you had the chance to proof your hands-on mentality already
- Fluent proficiency in English, German desirable
- Experience in an international company or team away from your home country is a plus
You are a perfect fit if your team is the centre of your attention. Through your previous experience, empathy and instinct you constantly develop your team further. You are a sympathetic listener and are willing to help your teams to self-organize. Your self-concept is that of a "servant leader”, you lead farsighted and always strike the right chord. We are looking for a motivated leader who technically has his finger on the pulse of current affairs.
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 10 million passengers and 100,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been part of Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced a merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step in becoming the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. mytaxi works with more than 500 employees in 26 European offices and is available in more than 100 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (a pension plan, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides, subsidised public transport ticket)
- Have your birthday off!
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!