Abschlussarbeit Bachelor/Master Allocation
Is your passion about coding and computer engineering? If so launch your career with mytaxi...
You are interested in writing your Bachelor- or Master thesis at mytaxi? We are looking for a student for next summer semester 2019 who would like to work with us.
This is your job:
- our team is responsible for the algorithms to find the best possible match between passenger and drivers
- as a tryout, we want to create a complete new dispatching logic and test it
- after a deep introduction of our current dispatching logic stack your task is to implement this new dispatch logic from scratch
- research of possible matching algorithms
- talk to different market stakeholders and their needs/problems
- implement a new microservice with the outcome of the research
- sync with your team members
What you'll bring:
- Studies: Student of Computer Science, Software Engineering or comparable
- Language skills: Very good communication skills and proficiency in English and/or German
- Soft skills: Strong understanding of the principles of scientific work
- Willingness to learn new programming languages, technologies, tools and methods, strong communication skills, structured and independent working style, pro-activeness
- Further skills: Prior knowledge in one or more of the following topics:
- Java, Algorithm and data structure, GIT, IntelliJ or Eclipse
- Nice to have: Python, Traveling Salesman
What you will learn
- working in a company with a tech stack of more than 150 microservices
- learning how a tech-stack with more than 15.000 operations per second on a single endpoint is built
- get to know about state of the art Technologies like Docker, ELK-Stack, redis, cassandra, rabbitmq and amazon-aws
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 10 million passengers and 100,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been part of Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced a merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step in becoming the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. Mytaxi works with more than 500 employees in 26 European offices and is available in more than 150 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is acting CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- A monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides
- Have your birthday off!
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers and many more
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!