We are looking for an ambitious and talented Operations Manager (m/f) to join our team possessing natural leadership and communication abilities, who is a quick learner with a great work ethic to join the mytaxi team.
As Operations Manager (m/f) your role will be to support the fast growth of mytaxi in Portugal via managing different sorts of projects like new city launches, releases of new products and many other. This role will also oversight mytaxi customer care and driver service team departments in Portugal. You will become part of the global mytaxi Operations Manager team and your direct report will be the General Manager.
These are your responsibilities:
- Responsible for project management for mytaxi Portugal new ventures
- Providing operational leadership towards growing the mytaxi Portugal business
- Translate strategic vision and entrepreneurial energy into operational reality.
- Design and execute analyses of network performance, marketing programs (to both taxi drivers and consumers), and organisational management.
- Manage a driver support function that strives to provide exceptionally responsive and personalised support experiences. Your leadership helps make unhappy users feel understood and valued.
- Management of (CRM) Customer Relationship Management including mytaxi B2B accounts.
- Lead continuous improvement and other initiatives to aggressively evolve and innovate business processes.
- Alongside the marketing team, create and assess the impact of marketing programs and campaigns to serve business goals.
- Collaborate with managers and members of mytaxi Driver Team on driver outreach, engagement and support.
- Distill, synthesise and prioritize feedback and ideas to improve the mytaxi product.
- Represent operational needs and opportunities in managing the business to KPIs, budgeting, and financial management.
- Facilitate sharing of operational best practices across mytaxi markets, in Portugal and Europe.
These are your skills:
A minimum of at least 5-7 years practical work experience at a supervisory/managerial level in the area of Customer Care, Service Delivery, Sales and/or Marketing.
- Have excellent face-to- face and telephone communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong understanding of internet, computers and mobile applications
- High level of commitment and flexibility
- Excellent structured problem solving and analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to generate operational insights
- Strong professional experience within an operations / customer centric environment, including leading a team
- Self-motivated and strong desire for new challenges within a start-up company
- Enthusiasm and entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience of ground transportation would be highly advantageous
- Ability to design and implement programs to improve mytaxi’s business and its approach to customers
- Excellent soft skills: high EQ, collaboration and team leadership ability
- Favourable to have a strong existing contact network in Portugal
- Level of Portuguese: native; level of English: professional fluent
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 10 million passengers and 100,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been part of Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced a merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step in becoming the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. Mytaxi works with more than 500 employees in 26 European offices and is available in more than 100 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is CEO of mytaxi.
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- Excellent monetary benefits (Health Insurance, a monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides)
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve off!
- Have your birthday off!
- Great Gear - we love Apple computers and big monitors - two if required
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!